The last two Saturdays I went to Mr. Natural on the East Side, here in Austin, and experienced the deliciousness of this salad. I got a pretty good idea of the simplicity of the ingredients after devouring a decent portion of it.
This morning I woke up with the sun shining bright and started shredding carrots to come up with something similar. Behold! (Measurements are estimates, make it to your liking!)
Carrot and Coconut Salad
- 1 pound carrots, shred ’em
- 1 pound pineapple (I couldn’t find any fresh, so I had to use a can, in its own juice/no sugar added)
- 1/8 pound shredded coconut (about 1/4 -1/3 C)
- 1/4 pound raisins (I’m thinking grapes would also be delicious!)
- Cinnamon to taste
- Splash of orange/mango juice (We just happened to have this in the fridge)
Mix it all up in a bowl, go on a nature walk and enjoy at the park while taking in the sun.